Boston woman arrested for allegedly shoving 63-year-old woman off MBTA bus

A 32-year-old woman has been arrested after allegedly shoving a 63-year-old woman off an MBTA bus, according to officials who thanked riders for helping ID the suspect.

Boston woman Luz Pineda has been charged with assault and battery on an elder or disabled person with injury following last week’s T incident in Roxbury.

MBTA Transit Police officers responded to an MBTA bus after a call for a disorderly subject in the area of Martin Luther King Boulevard and Warren Street last Monday afternoon.

Pineda and the 63-year-old woman had reportedly gotten into an argument over the victim not getting off the bus to let Pineda out. The argument turned physical when Pineda allegedly pushed the victim off the bus onto the sidewalk.

The 63-year-old woman had a laceration on the outer corner of her left eye and blood coming from her head, according to officers.

Pineda allegedly changed her clothes and hair style after leaving the bus to avoid being identified.

“Our public transportation system is a core component of our civic structure and our economy,” Suffolk DA Kevin Hayden said in a statement. “Incidents like this not only endanger the immediate victims. They hurt us all.

“I’m grateful for the quick work by transit police and help from the public to identify and arrest this defendant,” he added.

MBTA Transit Police asked the public for help in the investigation, and credited riders for helping identify the suspect.

“Thank you to our riding public!!” MBTA Transit Police posted on Wednesday. “The woman responsible has been identified and Transit Police detectives are currently seeking her whereabouts.”

Then shortly after on Wednesday, detectives found Pineda and arrested her.

MBTA GM and CEO Phillip Eng said he was “proud” of the Transit Police’s quick response and investigation that led to the arrest.

“The public deserves a safe transportation system, and I want them to know that this conduct will not be tolerated anywhere on our system,” Eng said.

He also thanked the Transit Police, the bus operator, and the riders who helped ID the suspect.

“We want riders to know they can always anonymously report 24/7 to Transit Police via the See Say app,” Eng added.

Pineda on Thursday was ordered held on $5,000 bail, and she’s expected to return to court on Oct. 3 for a pre-trial hearing.

 

 

Want more insights? Join Grow With Caliber - our career elevating newsletter and get our take on the future of work delivered weekly.

Boston woman arrested for allegedly shoving 63-year-old woman off MBTA bus

A 32-year-old woman has been arrested after allegedly shoving a 63-year-old woman off an MBTA bus, according to officials who thanked riders for helping ID the suspect.

Boston woman Luz Pineda has been charged with assault and battery on an elder or disabled person with injury following last week’s T incident in Roxbury.

MBTA Transit Police officers responded to an MBTA bus after a call for a disorderly subject in the area of Martin Luther King Boulevard and Warren Street last Monday afternoon.

Pineda and the 63-year-old woman had reportedly gotten into an argument over the victim not getting off the bus to let Pineda out. The argument turned physical when Pineda allegedly pushed the victim off the bus onto the sidewalk.

The 63-year-old woman had a laceration on the outer corner of her left eye and blood coming from her head, according to officers.

Pineda allegedly changed her clothes and hair style after leaving the bus to avoid being identified.

“Our public transportation system is a core component of our civic structure and our economy,” Suffolk DA Kevin Hayden said in a statement. “Incidents like this not only endanger the immediate victims. They hurt us all.

“I’m grateful for the quick work by transit police and help from the public to identify and arrest this defendant,” he added.

MBTA Transit Police asked the public for help in the investigation, and credited riders for helping identify the suspect.

“Thank you to our riding public!!” MBTA Transit Police posted on Wednesday. “The woman responsible has been identified and Transit Police detectives are currently seeking her whereabouts.”

Then shortly after on Wednesday, detectives found Pineda and arrested her.

MBTA GM and CEO Phillip Eng said he was “proud” of the Transit Police’s quick response and investigation that led to the arrest.

“The public deserves a safe transportation system, and I want them to know that this conduct will not be tolerated anywhere on our system,” Eng said.

He also thanked the Transit Police, the bus operator, and the riders who helped ID the suspect.

“We want riders to know they can always anonymously report 24/7 to Transit Police via the See Say app,” Eng added.

Pineda on Thursday was ordered held on $5,000 bail, and she’s expected to return to court on Oct. 3 for a pre-trial hearing.

 

 

Want more insights? Join Grow With Caliber - our career elevating newsletter and get our take on the future of work delivered weekly.